Wednesday, September 23, 2009

SILHOUETTES OF A SAD HEART

the shadow proves the sunshine,they say
they say ,i will be there come what may
when i walk the lonely way
my soul yearns to decay

there aint anybody who walks the walk with you
they always promise big which never comes true
a sad heart sees no merry...no it wont.
too much is said about love,when you have nothing to count.


so i walk alone,nothing to fear,nothing to hide.
i hold tight the rope on a dreary cliff lest i slide...
please promise me that you wont give love another chance
i am sorry...i have promised myself that i wont fall for another trance.

they say,love is a shadow which gives life a new start
but how can i believe...when all i have is silhouettes of a sad heart.
-abhishikth
nomads home.


when i wrote this melancholy filled lines,little did i realise how desponded i was in my life.when my friends who read this began to ask me why did i write something so dark and hopeless, i was perturbed...not by their concern,but by the sheer ignorance of my state of mind. i just shrugged and declared that i had to write this as i had an unexplicable burden in my heart then.they were not satisfied by my answer,they agreed nevertheless.
as i began to contemplate on the issue in my solitude...i realised that the protagonist in the material is uncertain of the consequences of life.he had a major life changing event which left him unstably circumspect,irrationally pessimistic about his course of life in general and his love life in particular.he is a loner who derives no pleasure in whims and fancies of life...a loner by choice.he is a person who has lost all in life and the all encompassing solace of love.he is heart broken and decides not to give love another chance to ramshackle his already destroyed life.yet, as the poem ends...he mellows down and asks how can he give life another chance when all he has is sadness and ultimate melancholy.he asks...he wants to know...is there a way out of his impending doom.is there a chance...a hope beyond all the sinister events which marked his life till then.
as they say, hope floats...our man just leaves the reader with the query which only time can answer.rest all can wait till then...

2 comments:

  1. I wish wholeheartedly that the soul of this protagonist in ur poem never yearns to decay, not even for a moment, and let love not be the shadow but the breath of his life...!!!

    And, buddy, i understand what u mean when u say dat der is some inexplicable burden in ur heart, coz I have corssed dat stage in my life...trust me, its possible, all u need is to listen to ur heart n mend our weaknesses converting them to strengths...i love sufferings, coz I feel very closer to God in sufferings not in my joys....coz what I am now is because of what all sufferings I went thru, not wat all joys I enjoyed, I believe in dat...n ur blogs are very heart touching, u r the most poignant blogger I hve ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for leavin a comment shilpa...i really appreciate it.as for bein poignant...well,i have no clue bout it!yep,the protagonist seems to be lost amidst the labrynthine maze of life...but,as ya said he goota keep lookin for the semblence of hope...hez gonna find some if he really search.thats bout it...

    ReplyDelete